My suspicion is that I installed a different version of Windows Installer for my SATA Raid when I ran into this issue. The way I got around it is that I reinstalled Windows 9X. As soon as it booted up for the very first time, I installed dotNET 1.1 and then dotNET 2.0. Both of which stated they had to upgrade Windows Installer and were able to do it fine. I then would install DirectX 9c and begin my installation of all of the other drivers. I would caution against loading too many drivers at once. It becomes a real headache when something breaks the system such as the GA311 1Gbps Network Cards I have.