Thrustmaster Gameport HOTAS Upgrades?

Home Forums Electronics Hardware Thrustmaster Gameport HOTAS Upgrades?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Voodoo
    Keymaster

I loved the way the F-22 Pro and the F-16 TQS felt as controls, but I was not fond of the Elite pedals. I actually stumble across my F-22 Pro and F-16 TQS and come across them from time to time in the storage. Each time I do, I find myself wishing that someone out there would upgrade them to USB. Mine do not have the Bob Church digital eproms. I do have an F-16 FLCS that has the digital eprom. Even though my F-22 Pro and F-16 TQS are brand new, I am thinking they would need a hall sensors upgrades along with the digital upgrade for the buttons. If you can do a sensor, digital, USB upgrade for these at a fair price, then definitely let me know… I just cringe when I think about how so many good flight controls are discarded just because they are old technology and replaced with very crappy made controls. It really sucks that we are constantly upgrading to equipment that constantly breaks. Of course, you can spend the money to get the best, but even the best tends to have their own set of problems too.

On a side note, I have one of my F-16 FLCS joysticks with a Stickworks digital chip. I believe I also purchased a TQS chip but I didn’t have a TQS at the time. Now I have an F-220 Pro/TQS/Elite setup I would love to get to digital for my main Retro Gaming rig. I know Bob Church passed away years ago. His site has slowly lost views over time, but I am curious if anyone out there has any of these chips they would like to get rid of. It would be nice to find a way to copy them and then maybe send Mr. Church’s family some money for each copy produced. 😀

• This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Voodoo.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Voodoo.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.