Games List

Home Forums Electronics VWorldUS LAN Games List

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Voodoo
    Keymaster

Here is a list of the Windows 7×64/Windows 10×64 games that I play with. I have tried some of them out with Linux and find myself sticking with the reliability and the performance of Windows. If you know me, you know that I am not a super fan of Windows 10. I do not believe an Operating System should be doing anything that you are not aware of. Windows 10 is loaded with extra software that does things you have no clue what it is doing while taking up resources. Unfortunately, you lose too much of the Windows 10 functionality when you remove those things to allow it to be an every day driver operating system. However, I am forced to use Windows 10 for the 8th gen CPU’s that I have which is just fine. So I have settled with having Linux as my every day driver and dual boot to Windows ME/XP/7×86/7×64/10×64 just for games.

Active:

World of Warcraft
    DCS World Beta
    DCS World 2.5 Retail
    DCS World 1.5.8 Final
    DCS World 1.2 (Final 32bit)
    LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2
    Falcon BMS 4.33
    Falcon BMS 4.34
    IL2 1946 (BAT)
    IL2 Great Battles
    Arma 3
    Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Star Wars Battlefront II
    Star Wars Old Republic

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Voodoo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Voodoo.
    • This topic was modified 9 months ago by Voodoo.
    Voodoo
    Keymaster

Many of my old games are MS-DOS, Win95, and Win98SE games, but I use either Windows ME or Windows XP to play them as the hardware I have for these games requires a gameport. If you remember, Windows deemed it as a security risk and quit providing any support for it. There were work arounds for Windows 7 x86, but many of the games developed issues with Windows 7 x86. The gameport cards I have are the Yamaha, Soundblaster, Aureal 3D, and even an ISA Thrustmaster dual gameport card. The hardware I have for these gameports are the Thrustmaster F-22 Pro, Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS (Digital), Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS, Thrustmaster TQS, Thrustmaster MK2, Thrustmaster Eilte pedlas, and even the CH Throttle. The computers I have for these games are more than capable of running nGlide or actually have a dual Voodoo 2 12MB SLI setup.

Windows XP Mutliplayer Games:
    DI Apache95 (3dfx)
    DI Hind95 (3dfx)
    DI iF-16 (3dfx)
    DI iF-22 (3dfx)
    European Air War
    Enemy Engaged
    Jane’s ATF
    Jane’s USNF
    Jane’s Fighter’s Anthology
    Jane’s F-15 (3dfx)
    Jane’s IAF
    Jane’s Longbow
    Jane’s Longbow 2 (3dfx)
    Jane’s USAF (Superpro) (3dfx)
    Jane’s WWII Fighters (3dfx)
    IL2 Sturmovik 1946 (BAT)
    LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2
    Novalogic F-16 Multi Role Fighter (3dfx)
    Novalogic MiG-29 Fulcrum (3dfx)
    Novalogic F-22 Lightning III (3dfx)
    Novalogic F-22 Raptor (3dfx)
    Wings Over Vietnam
    Wings Over Israel
    Wings Over Europe

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by Voodoo.
    • This reply was modified 9 months ago by Voodoo.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.