BMS 4.33 along with Reshade and SoftTH

Home Forums Gaming FlightSims Falcon BMS 4.33 BMS 4.33 along with Reshade and SoftTH

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Voodoo
    Keymaster

Like most things on the internet, there is a lot of information out there from people that is wrong because they are just repeating what they have heard, guessing, or are trolling. I don’t know how many times I have come across incorrect information for SoftTH such as you cannot use it with SLI/Crossfire and/or Reshade.

Since SoftTH needs multiple video cards, you will have to have an additional video card along with your SLI/Crossfire configuration as SoftTH will use that SLI/Crossfire setup as a single video card.

As for the SoftTH being used with Reshade, you just have to keep in mind that DirectX can use a few “.dll” files. You just have to make sure that you have them named properly so that DirectX will load them in order. Here are the steps that I used to get both SoftTH and Reshade working with my Falcon BMS 4.33.

First install SoftTH and run the configuration for your monitor setup. Rename the ShoftTH “d3d9.dll” to “d3d9.dllX” so that when we install ReShade there won’t be an issue as it installs its own “d3d9.dll”. After ReShade is installed, rename the Reshade “d3d9.dll” to “dxgi.dll” and then rename SoftTH “d3d9.dllX” back to the “d3d9.dll”. Now all you have to do is add the “dllPathReshade=dxgi.dll” to your SoftTH configuration file in dllPath section which will look like this:

dllPathReShade=dxgi.dll
    dllPathD3D9=auto
    dllPathDXGI=auto
    dllPathD3D11=auto

NOTE: SoftTH will have x=0 and y=0 on your Windows “Main” Monitor. So it is wise to make your most left monitor your main monitor before running anything with SoftTH.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Voodoo.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Voodoo.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.